Monday, June 29, 2015

A Cosmetology Students Word


It doesn't mean much to you as a blog reader, unless you are a licensed cosmetologist.  But the truth is this, I am not a professional hairstylist until I am licensed.  And that's the goal.  To get licensed.  There's a lot of training involved in my state and it's not easy or mindless.  It's valid and required.  And I honor this profession more from behind the chair than I ever did sitting in it.



I have two videos up on YouTube that make claim that I am a hairstylist.  Someone has taken issue with these videos, this someone is in my school.  I don't know if it's an instructor or a student, but I was informed last week by my director that people know.  The best thing about it was that she watched them, and loved them.  That was awesome.  She also told me not to take them down, but to change the wording.

But I'm not going to.  I know how the internet works, if I unpublish them - I shouldn't lose all the keywords and Internet-magic that they have already started attracting.  And because I respect the community of professional hairstylists, who are licensed, I'm going to take them down and unpublish the posts that go along with them until I've received my license.


This lesson, and the many more I will be learning, is the reason why this industry is so great. But there are a group of legislators that want to deregulate my industry.  I would be part of a few select professions legally allowed to touch someone - because I'm licensed and held accountable for my actions.

I'm giving you my word.  

My word is that I will pursue and respect a license that holds me accountable to doing things the right way, the safe way, and the sanitary way.  That I will treat you, your hair, and this industry with the integrity and respect that it deserves and commands.  That I will continue to share with you all that I learn so that you can become an empowered participant in the care of your hair.

What deregulation can mean for this industry.



Please watch,Repost and Support.
Posted by Tabatha Coffey on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment